Starving Students FAQs
Picking A Moving Company
When choosing a moving company, get as much information as possible. Below are some helpful questions to ask moving companies you're considering:
- Are they licensed and insured?
- How do they charge hourly or by weight?
- Are there any additional fees?
- Do they charge extra for large items?
- Is there a minimum number of hours or a minimum charge?
- What is the cancellation policy?
- What are the procedures if damage or loss occurs?
- Are the movers full-time employees or day laborers?
- How will you be charged for travel time?
- Will my items be insured during the move?
- Are there things they will not move?
- Ask for references.